- Records “O orvalho vem caindo” with Verônica Sabino and “O X do problema” with Luiz Melodia for the Noel Rosa Songbook for Lumiar Discos.
- Appears in the Bossa Nova Night during the Rio Show Festival, May 29, 1991 at the RioCentr, Rio.
- Records “Minha namorada” and “Você e eu” for the record Rio Show Festival – A Noite da Bossa Nova.
- Shows in Spain with Maria Creusa, Quarteto em Cy and Gilson Peranzetta.
- Appears at the Pescara Jazz Festival in Italy and catches up with old friends, Gerry Mulligan and Gary Burton.
- Brief appearances in Lisbon.
- Records “Roda” with Verônica Sabino, for the Gilberto Gil Songbook on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Presentations throughout Brazil.
- Records “Festa de rua” for the Dorival Caymmi Songbook on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Records “Samba da benção” with Maria Creusa for the Vinícius de Moraes Songbook on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Brief season in Lisbon,Portugal.
- Shows for the release of the CD Bossalyra at the Jazzmania – Rio de Janeiro
- Tours Brazil with show BOSSALYRA
- Records “Samba do Carioca” with Quarteto em CY for the album Vinícius em Cy (CID).
- Tours Brazil with CD “Carioca de Algema”
- Records “Rancho das namoradas” for the Ary Barroso Songbook on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Tours the Brazilian Northeast.
- Tours Japan
- Show “Vivendo Vinícius” at the Teatro do Quitandinha, in Petrópolis, with Leila Pinheiro, Toquinho and Baden Powell
- Records “Coisa mais linda”, “Influência do jazz” and “Lobo bobo” for the collection – O amor, o sorriso e a flor -- on the Albatros label.
- Records “Só choro quando estou feliz”, “Minha namorada”, “Se quiseres chorar” and “Pode ir” for Spala Comunicação, part of Tempos da Bossa Nova, distributed by Revista Caras
- Records “Fotografia” for the Antonio Carlos Jobim Songbook on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Ventura Music does new release of 1968 recordings of “Se é tarde me perdoa” and “Influência do jazz” for the CD accompanying the book "Bossa Nova - História Som & Imagem".
– Series of seven presentations of the show Vivendo Vinícius with Leila Pinheiro, Toquinho and Baden Powell
- Show commemorating 50 Years of SESC - POMPËIA - São Paulo
- Tour throughout Brazilian Northeast.
- Tour in Japan, with Roberto Menescal promoting the CD “Get us Bossa Nova” (released on the Pony Canyon Records label).
- Show commemorating 40 Years of Bossa Nova at Yumiuri Land in Tóquio, for 8.000 people together with Leila Pinheiro, Roberto Menescal, Wanda Sá, Paulo and Daniel Jobim and Astrud Gilberto, opening show with Ivan Lins and Joyce.
- Show at the Tom Jobim Theatre in Assuncion, Paraguai
- Records “Desafinado” with Wanda Sá, Roberto Menescal, Leila Pinheiro, Marcos Vale, Ivan Lins, Leny Andrade, Joyce, Daniel Jobim and Paulo Jobim; “Pode ir” with Leila Pinheiro, and “Bênção Bossa Nova” with Leila Pinheiro, Wanda Sá and Roberto Menescal for the CD commemorating 40 years of Bossa Nova, for the album Get’s Bossa Nova on the Pony Canyon , Japan.
- “Carioca de Algema”, written with Millôr Fernandes serves as musical score for the video by Strategic Planning Committee for the City of Rio de Janeiro. .
- Show “EU E A BOSSA”, at Sala Villa Lobos of the Teatro Nacional in Brasília part of the Temporada Popular Project sponsored by the Federal District Cultural Foundation.
- Show “EU E A BOSSA”, at the SESC IPIRANGA in São Paulo.
- Show Vivendo Vinícius (Lyra performs with Baden, Toquinho, Miúcha and Miele) at Tom Brasil in São Paulo
- Show Vivendo Vinícius (Lyra performs with Baden, Toquinho, Miúcha and Miele) at the Olympia in São Paulo.
- Show Vivendo Vinícius (Lyra performs with Baden, Toquinho, Miúcha and Miele) at the Metropolitan in Rio de Janeiro.
- Show Benção Bossa Nova (with Menescal, Wanda Sá, Leny and the Cariocas) at the Minas Tênis Clube in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais.
- A month of “Carlos Lyra in 40 Years of Bossa Nova” in Japan.
- Show Vivendo Vinícius (Lyra performs with Baden, Toquinho, Miúcha and Miele) at the Ibirapuera Park in São Paulo.
- Show Vivendo Vinícius (together with Baden, Toquinho, Miúcha and Miele) at the Teatro João Caetano, with live recording scheduled for release in 1999.
- Show at the Cultural Center for the Estácio de Sá University.
- Show – “Carlos Lyra in 40 Years of Bossa Nova”, at the Technological Center auditorium, FUNDÃO, closing a cycle of shows for the Project QUINTAS MUSICAIS
- Show – “Carlos Lyra in 40 Years of Bossa Nova”, for the awards ceremony of the IPHAN at the Centro Cultural Banco de Brasil.
- Show - “Eu e a Bossa” at the Teatro Gonzaguinha, Rio de Janeiro
- Featured performer on the CD 40 Anos de Bossa Nova (Albatroz Discos label) with “Desafinado”, “Pode ir”, and “Bênção Bossa Nova”.
- Tours in Brazil with show EU E A BOSSA
- Tours in Brazil with the show Vivendo Vinícius
- Featured performer in show 40 Years of Bossa Nova on Ipanema Beach, together with Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Leila Pinheiro, Roberto Menescal, João Donato, and others.
- Live recording of show Vivendo Vinícius at João Caetano Theatre, Rio de Janeiro, with Carlos Lyra, Baden Powell, Miúcha and Toquinho.
- Receives “Friend of Rio” diploma from Mayor Luiz Paulo Conde, an homage in recognition of his contributions to the transformation of the quality of life in Rio de Janeiro--on November 19th during the 8th Meeting of the City Council at Rio’s Modern Art Museum.
- Show for the Keller Awards ceremony in Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro.
- Show “EU E A BOSSA” for Terças Acústicas Light Project, Rio de Janeiro
- Interview and performance for TV NHK, Japão
- South American tour (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay) in homage of Vinícius de Moraes.
- Shows in São Paulo, with Roberto Menescal, Wanda Sá, Leila Pinheiro and Leny Andrade.
- Interview and performance for Channel 4, England.
- Featured performer in Joyce’s show, Rio de Janeiro.
- Show for the City of Rio de Janeiro at the Metropolitan, together with Baden Powell, Quarteto Jobim & Morelenbaum, and Miúcha
- Show for the ISPHAN Awards at the Palácio do Itamaraty in Brasília, D.F.
- Records “Capelinha de melão” in Bossa Nova rhythm for CD on the Sax So Funny label to accompany the children’s book Músicas daqui, ritmos do mundo (Fábrica Livros e Brinquedos).