- Participates in the Congress of the UNE, in Salvador, Bahia, directing a choir of 5000 students as they sing the UNE Hymn, written by Lyra and Vinícius de Moraes in 1963.
- His show, E no entanto é preciso cantar, opens at the Teatro Ipanema.
- His show, Equinócio de primavera - Solstício de verão, opens at the Teatro do Planetário – Rio de Janeiro.
- His show, "25 Anos de Bossa Nova" together with Trio Tamba, opens at Tereza Raquel Theater.
- The one man show, "25 Anos de Bossa Nova", opens at the Teatro dos Quatro.
- Recital at the National Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
- Tapes Bar Academia special for Manchete Television with guest stars Emílio Santiago, Caetano Veloso, Jair Rodrigues, Alcione, Maria Creusa, Nara Leão, Tamba Trio, Lucinha Lins and Céu da boca. Presented by Walmor Chagas, directed by Maurício Sherman.
- Show "25 Anos de Bossa Nova" opens at the Teatro Cultura Artística in São Paulo.
- Appears at the Sétimo Carrefour Mondial de la Guitare in Martinique.
- Show "25 Anos de Bossa Nova" opens at the Jazzmania – Rio de Janeiro. The live recording is released on the 3M label.
- Appears in Spain in shows with Caetano Veloso, Toquinho and Nana Caymmi.
- Appears in shows in Japan with Leila Pinheiro and the Quarteto em Cy.
- Tours several states throughout Brazil with his show “25 anos de Bossa Nova”.
- Tournée of Brazilian North and Northeast, Brasileirinho Project (SESC).
- Records “Presente de Natal” for the CD Bossa Nova Wonderland on the Meldac label – Japan.