- Writes and performs show "25 Anos de Bossa Nova" which opens at the Teatro dos Quatro, produced by Kate Lyra.
- Records compact “A UNE canta” with the songs, Canção do subdesenvolvido and Hino da UNE; Arrangements by Luiz Eça, Cover Art by Carlos Scliar, and special participação by the Universidade Santa Úrsula chorus.
- LP “25 anos de Bossa Nova” recorded live at the Jazzmania, Rio de janeiro, released on the 3M label.
- Musical "Pobre Menina Rica" starring Carlos Lyra, Beth Bruno and Antônio Pedro is staged for private audience in Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Campinas with general direction and staging by Aderbal Freire Filho (Aderbal Jr.), musical direction by Marinho Bofa.
- Composes in Spain his “Caminho de Santiago”, later recorded on his CD “Carioca de Algema”.
- CD "Bossa Lyra" released in October in Japan on BMG/VICTOR label.
- "Songbook – Carlos Lyra" released by Lumiar Editora
- CD "Songbook – Carlos Lyra" released on the Lumiar Discos label.
- Lyra’s book "AYANAMSA" Astrologia Sideral is published by Editora Maltese.
- CD "Bossa Lyra" released in Brazil on the BMG/ARIOLA label.
- Composes the song “Y-panema” for event commemorating 100 years of Ipanema.
- CD "Carioca de Algema" re-released on the EMI/ODEON label.
- Receives the Pedro Ernesto Medal, an homage by the House of Representatives for the State of Rio de Janeiro for his contributions to culture.
- Composes themes for the film “Policarpo Quaresma - Herói do Brasil”, directed by de Paulo Tiago
- Receives the title of Benefactor for the State of Rio de Janeiro from the State Legislature.
- Song “Benção Bossa Nova”, lyrics by Lyra and Paulo César Pinheiro, music by Lyra and Roberto Menescal (in their first joint composition) is written for event in Japan celebrating 40 Years of Bossa Nova.